Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isn't That Poopy?

I grew up on a farm. I was surrounded by poop. It was just part of living on a farm. Yes, you stepped in it from time to time, it was just part of living on a farm. However, one thing that I thought that I could gain when I moved away from the farm, which I only visit from time to time, is the ability to not step in dog poop at random.  That is exactly what happened the other day. 

It was dark out. I was walking out to my car with a friend to go out somewhere, and I felt that unmistakable squish under my shoe, I just knew it had happened. The obligatory words came out of my mouth, and for the next five minutes I'm doing the Michael Jackson Moon Walk in an effort to get the poop off my shoe. All the while my friend is trying to comfort me, which lead to the comment that, "There are two types of people in the world. Those that have stepped in dog poop, and those that haven't stepped in dog poop yet." Yeah, thanks for those comforting words. Somehow, that never helps when that awful smell is burning your nostrils. 

My question is why do I have to step in dog poop at all? Why can't people, off the farm, bring a little plastic baggy with them on their walks. I've done it, and will continue to do it. Yes, it's fine if your dog runs back in the woods where you can see him, and does his business. You don't have to clean it up then. However, when you are walking on a road, and your Great Dane takes his moment by the side of a car door, I beg. Please pick it up! 

Otherwise, you are the oblivious pet owner! You don't want to be that, do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment